Westwood Apartments understands that moving can become a stressful event when it isn’t properly planned. Below are a few tips that we feel can help you better plan for your move-in.
- Reserve your rental truck.
- Start arranging help for your move-out day.
- Fill out change-of-address order forms.
- Transfer any memberships (clubs, churches, etc.) you may have.
- Before you pack, take a thorough inventory of your belongings.
- Start using up any food items so there will be less to pack.
- Clean all rugs and clothing. Then have them prepped for moving. This may include wrapping.
- If you are moving with infants, start thinking about any special needs they may have.
- Make sure you will be covered through your homeowner’s or renter’s policy during your move.
- Provide a friend or relative with your travel route so you may be reached in case of an emergency.
- Double-check all closets, drawers, and shelves. Make sure the attic and garage are empty.
- Carry all important documents, currency, and jewelry yourself, or send them using registered mail.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your move-in date and we’ll gladly assist you.
Here is a video that may be helpful to you.